Pharmacy at the 82d Medical Group - Sheppard Air Force Base
How to Fill Prescriptions
All pharmacy services are being conducted at the medical clinic, building 1200, 1st
floor. Note: Sheppard Pharmacy does not automatically fill prescriptions sent to us by doctors--all prescriptions require activation.
- New prescriptions and renewals sent electronically or by fax, may be activated either by calling the main clinic 940-676-CARE (2273); option 2; then option 1; in-person at the medical facility or call 940-676-6310.
- Written prescriptions must be activated at the medical clinic pharmacy window.
- Refills should be called-in using the pharmacy refill line at 940-676-5709.
- Standard new and renewed prescriptions will be ready within three duty days.
- Same-day services are reserved for acute medications such as new antibiotics or medications prescribed after being released from the hospital.
If being seen by a provider at the clinic for an appointment, check-in is required for pharmacy services. Please get in line using the standard 6 ft social distancing as indicated by floor markings. Masks are required.
Pharmacy Refill Line:
940-676-CARE (2273); option 2; then option 1 or call 940-676-5709; refills will be ready within three duty days; you can also use TRICARE Online
to order refills.
When prescriptions run out of refills or expire (one year after written date for all prescriptions other than controlled substances, which expire sooner) you must contact your provider to request that a renewal be sent to the pharmacy. We cannot refill an expired prescription or one that has run out of refills.
Sheppard Pharmacy can fill nearly all civilian prescriptions. However, some drugs are considered “non-formulary” and will require additional processing time if we are able to fill them at all. Talk to a pharmacy representative or use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
to see if your medication can be filled at this pharmacy. Check with Express Scripts
at the contact information below before filling prescriptions for non-formulary drugs at retail pharmacies.
Call 800-282-2881 or visit Express Script
Have a question about your medication? Try scanning the QR code on your prescription label using your smart phone! Doing so will connect you to helpful information about the drugs you have been prescribed.