MHS GENESIS is Coming Soon!
On June 3, 2023, the Department of Defense’s new electronic health record (EHR), MHS GENESIS, will launch here at Sheppard Medical Clinic. MHS GENESIS will replace TRICARE Online at this facility. Before June 3, 2023, you’ll need to:
What is MHS GENESIS?
MHS GENESIS is the new EHR that provides you and your providers with enhanced, secure technology to manage your health information. When fully deployed, MHS GENESIS will be the single health record for service members, veterans, and their families. Learn More about MHS GENESIS>>
What is the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal?
Along with the new EHR, the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is a secure website available 24/7 that gives you access to your health information. Through the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, you can:
- View health information, including laboratory and radiology results
- Schedule appointments
- Communicate securely with care team
- Request prescription renewals
- Complete intake and screening forms in advance of appointments
- Access a health library
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is replacing the TRICARE Online Patient Portal.
What does this mean for me?
MHS GENESIS and the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal are replacing TRICARE Online, including the patient portal and secure messaging at this facility.
- If you have a current TRICARE Online account, it will migrate to MHS GENESIS on June 3, 2023. No action is necessary by you.
- If you don’t already have a TRICARE Online account, you can log onto https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil using your DS Logon Account.
- If you don’t have a DS Logon Account or if you have questions about DS Logon, visit the milConnect website or call 1-800-538-9552.